Sunday, September 14, 2008



Now for the past three nights…
A darkness so intense that flavors of a death
Where there
In challenge
To look straight in the eye of
Fitful sleep
And stirrings in the nature
Of the animal
To flee
I hesitate to speak
But over years of dreams
I know the flavors fairly well
And this was of the animal and beast to see
Last night
At 3 past Moon
I half woke once again in trembling of the self
As deep
the dark descended once again
Demanding that I look
I froze in fear
Upon the deep edge of the Fall
Said I to Her
"Release and fall!!!
What can you fear
Its only death!"
With this
It burst all open
Like a drop of oil upon the endless water
Pouring from
All underground streams
In constellations of the mind
I saw her face
So fierce...
The Dark and Her attendants
All black and stone and salt
Oh GOD! I cried
Thrusting there her way toward south southeast
With speeds and power unthinkable
I tremble at the very memory of this sight
If this be of a soul
I cry aloud
If this be of some other realm
What is she but a piece of ash:
The earth
Another Phoenix in the Son

No comments: